Published by: Bravenewtraveler.com
6 Feb 2008, by Ian MacKenzie
The only job better than being a travel writer, is being a travel writer on your own television show. That’s the dream attained by Julia Dimon and Robin Esrock, with the debut of their new series, Word Travels, the Truth Behind the Byline.
We’d previously featured an interview with Robin where he defined his style of travel as “modern gonzo.” Julia is herself an accomplished travel writer, who has contributed to BNT in the past.
So of course, when the opportunity arose to interview them both in my hometown of Vancouver, I leapt at the chance. I ask them a variety of questions, including:
- What’s the worst job you’ve ever had?
- What’s been the most surreal experience working on Word Travels?
- What is your best piece of advice for new travelers?
- Do travelers have a responsibility to help the communities they visit?
- With all your time on the road, how do you stay excited about travel?
< back to the episode
< back to the list of articles